All of them were busy with the colours, papers and all the sundry material they had collected from the garden. I plonked myself in one corner and announced, “I can teach you how to make the green puppet, if you want”. None came. With a smile inside me, I tried again after some time, “I can teach you how to make your puppet look awesome!” None came.
Little later the persistent me tried again, “I can teach you a new, better technique to make puppets”. One little girl came to me, shoved her puppet into my face and said, “Uncle I can teach you how to make THIS.”
Over the years children have persistently taught us this:
"Uncle, I have an engine inside me - that goes the whole day chuk chuk chuk chuk - like the (video game) character ‘pac-man’, gobbling away every bit of learning lined up in my life. Very similar to the voracious hogging by the caterpillar. Just because I am not yet flying don’t start feeding me. I can cause, construct, and create my own learning. I‘ll chrysalis into a butterfly.
JAGRITI - lets chrysalis our parenting into a butterfly, lets gobble up fresh perspectives into our children and their learning, growing journey.
Comments
Post a Comment